For behavioral health needs, you can connect with a provider from the comfort of home and set convenient appointment times to help accommodate busy schedules. View UnitedHealthcare's Behavioral Health flyer for additional information (PDF, 1MB).
Conditions commonly treated through a behavioral health visit include: ADD/ADHD, addiction, anxiety, depression, mental health disorders and counseling.
When visiting a provider, coverage differs depending on the medical plan in which you are enrolled. The rates and costs are the same whether your visit is in-office or via video, and will fall under either outpatient or inpatient services.
Visit the Health Programs webpage to direct to information about the medical insurance plan in which you are enrolled, and see the corresponding Summary Plan Description (SPD) for additional coverage information related to your plan.
A wide range of providers are available to you, from local brick-and-mortar locations to some national virtual-only practices. The provider must be licensed within the state in which you live.
Visit United Behavioral Health's Live and Work Well portal, the main hub for behavioral health-related resources. There are a number of helpful resources covering a wide range of needs, including useful videos on topics like anxiety, sleep disruption, and different types of therapy.
To access, log in with your HealthSafe (myUHC) user ID, or select 'Browse as a guest with a company access code' and type in "UMISSOURI." Alternatively, you can select 'I don't know my access code' and choose 'University of Missouri' from the dropdown list.
Live and Work Well portal:
- Visit United Behavioral Health's Live and Work Well portal.
- Access University of Missouri System information either by logging in with your HealthSafe ID, or choosing 'I don't know my access code' and picking "University of Missouri" from the dropdown list.
- Locate the "Behavioral Health Care Search" box and choose either to 'get started' or 'find a virtual visit provider'.
- Select the medical insurance plan in which you are enrolled.
- Search for a provider by name, expertise, condition or program by using the search bar.
- Before completing your search, double check that the "searching near" location reflects where you are.
Other option for virtual visits:
- Visit the UHC website and log in using your myUHC name and password.
- Find a doctor by clicking Find a Doctor > Mental Health Directory > People > Provider Type > Telemental Health Providers.
- Refine your search as needed to select a provider with the "telemental health provider" designation.
- Call the provider to set up an appointment time.
See UHC's virtual therapy flyer (PDF, 153KB) for additional details.
Note: You also have the option of going directly to the virtual visit provider's website or app to access care. You can download their app directly. Virtual visits are covered under your health plan benefits either way you decide to access care.
The UM System's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential, professional, no-cost service provided to all employees, their families, retirees, and organizational work units with locations in every city of the University community. The EAP provides a variety of services to help employees influenced by a range of personal concerns or stressors. The program also assists work units and the larger organization to improve quality and productivity. Learn more about EAP offerings...