Annual Enrollment provides an opportunity to review and change your benefits for the following calendar year. Click an image below to skip to the section that best applies to the information you're looking for: Annual Enrollment for Faculty and Staff or Annual Enrollment for Retirees.
Annual Enrollment for faculty, staff and retirees is October 26 to November 6, 2020.
Just like it is important to get your health checked annually, the same annual “benefit check-up” is important to help you make choices that support you and your family in the coming year.
Annual Enrollment provides you an opportunity to review and change your benefits for the following calendar year. Changes for 2021 must be submitted between October 26 – November 6, 2020.
1. Research the plan options that are right for you.
- The 2021 Benefits Guide is now available (PDF, 1.2MB). You may access the guide online or print hard copy as needed.
- Attend an Annual Enrollment virtual meeting in your location to get information about your benefits options (preview the presentation slides, (PDF, 1.2MB)).
- Review the Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for different plans.
- Find a provider among a full list of plan contacts.
- Still have questions? Contact the HR Service Center. (FYI—The HR Service Center has relocated; check out the HR Service Center webpage for the new address. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out via email or call (573) 882-2146 to speak with one of our representatives.)
2. Review plan changes for 2021.
Because there are several changes for the 2021 plan year, take some time to understand how the changes may impact what you will pay for covered expenses. Review the 2020/2021 Plan Year Comparison Charts (PDF, 306KB) for details.
Changes for 2021 include:
- Addition of a deductible to the Custom Network Plan
- Healthy Savings Plan and PPO Plan deductible has increased
- Rx out-of-pocket maximums, coinsurance and copays have increased
3. Make sure your information is up-to-date in myHR.
As you prepare, log in to myHR (myHR.umsystem.edu) and:
- Select the “My Benefits” tile to review your current elections by clicking on “Benefits Summary” on the left-hand menu.
- Select the “My Personal Details” tile to confirm your mailing address and preferred phone number (located under “Contact Details”).
4. Select and submit your plan choices in myHR during the Annual Enrollment period.
Annual Enrollment provides you an opportunity to review and change your benefits for the following calendar year. Review your current benefit plan elections in myHR, including enrolled dependents and designated beneficiaries, and make changes as necessary before Annual Enrollment ends. Consult the Benefits Enrollment Reference Guide (PDF, 698KB; may be prompted to log in) for step-by-step instructions on completing the enrollment process.
If you do not make changes to your elections, your current enrollments will continue into the new calendar year, with the exception of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). You must re-enroll in health care and dependent care FSAs each year.
For additional assistance, contact the HR Service Center.
Retirees and their dependents have different medical insurance options than active employees. If you are satisfied with your current enrollments and would like to continue the same coverage in 2021, no action is required on your part. You and your covered dependents will be enrolled in the same plans you have now. Changes for 2021 must be submitted by November 6, 2020.
Prepare for Annual Enrollment
To get ready for Annual Enrollment:
- Update your mailing address to ensure you receive timely communications. Please review and update your home and mailing addresses in myHR or contact the HR Service Center to request a form to update your address if necessary.
- Review the retiree benefits overview.
- Attend a teleconference to learn about benefits plans and changes for 2021 (full schedule below).
- Find a provider among a full list of plan contacts.
Get more information on the plans
If you have not received your personalized Annual Enrollment letter by October 19, 2020, contact the HR Service Center.
- Sample retiree medical letter (mailed in early October)
- Sample retiree non-medical letter (mailed in early October)
Learn about UM-sponsored plans:
- UM-sponsored UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage Base (13759) and Enhanced (13760) Plans: View the most current plan benefit and cost information on the UM UHC Retiree website.
- Retiree Health PPO Plan and Retiree Healthy Savings Plan: View the most current plan benefit and cost information on the Retiree benefits overview webpage.
Have questions? Contact the HR Service Center. For Medicare-eligible participants, the UHC call center will open October 1, 2020, for questions regarding the 2020 UM-sponsored Medicare Advantage plans. Call 1-866-899-5903, TTY 711, from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. all time zones, Monday – Friday.
Teleconferences and other meetings
This UnitedHealthcare presentation is a general overview of all retiree medical plan changes in 2021 for both non-Medicare and Medicare-eligible members. All retirees and their dependents enrolled in a medical plan are invited to listen in, regardless of Medicare status.
Specific questions regarding University of Missouri retiree benefit premiums and non-medical plans are not addressed on this call. These individual questions should be referred to the HR Service Center for assistance.
Watch the recorded teleconference session (exit UM System site) to review information. Teleconference sessions were held in October; the schedule is provided below for informational purposes.
|Teleconference date||Teleconference time||Participant call information|
|Thursday, October 15, 2020||10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CST||(844) 721-7241 Participant Access Code: 7527522|
|Thursday, October 15, 2020||2:00 to 4:00 p.m. CST||(844) 721-7241 Participant Access Code: 7527522|
|Monday, October 19, 2020||10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CST||(844) 721-7241 Participant Access Code: 7527522|
|Monday, October 19, 2020||2:00 to 4:00 p.m. CST||(844) 721-7241 Participant Access Code: 7527522|
Retiree Health Benefits Virtual Town Hall
October 2, 2020, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
See detailed event page for speaker and access information.
This event is hosted in cooperation with the four UM System campus retiree associations and focuses on health insurance benefits for retirees during the 2021 calendar year. UM System content experts will be joined by representatives from UnitedHealthcare and other benefit administrators to answer questions about Medicare-eligible and non-Medicare-eligible insurance; dental, vision and hearing benefits; wellness resources; and more.
The town hall will be recorded and posted online for those who are unable to attend but would like to review the content later.
Change elections for 2021
To change medical plans and/or change, cancel or add the vision plan for yourself and your dependents, complete the 2021 Annual Enrollment Retiree Benefits Change Form. Additionally, use this form to make changes to dental and/or life plan options with an effective date of January 1, 2021. If coverage is reduced or cancelled, it cannot be reinstated at a later date.
- 2021 Annual Enrollment Retiree Benefits Change Form (PDF, 296KB)
To change dental and/or life plan options for yourself and your dependents, or to cancel coverage, including medical, complete a Retiree Benefits Change Form. Please note, you may reduce or cancel coverage in all of these plans at any time during the year and are not limited to retiree Annual Enrollment. If coverage is reduced or cancelled, it cannot be reinstated at a later date.
- Retiree Benefits Change Form (PDF, 827KB)
Medical plan-covered members enrolled in the Medicare Advantage Plans, Retiree Healthy Savings Plan or the Retiree Health PPO Plan will receive a new member ID card for 2021. Those who add vision coverage for the first time in 2021 will receive plan information and an ID card from EyeMed Vision Care.