Most faculty and staff are enrolling in benefits for the first time because they were just hired into our university community. If that’s true for you, welcome! There are special steps you need to take to ensure you correctly enroll in an insurance plan for the current calendar year and the upcoming calendar year. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose plans that are right for you. Get help here:
- Enroll by completing the necessary enrollment instructions within 31 days of your date of hire.
Why you might be eligible for insurance
Things to think about as you’re enrolling
- Beneficiaries: When you enroll in myHR, you should be prompted to list your beneficiaries. You may change them at any time with the beneficiary designation form
- Evidence of insurability: Read the Life Insurance SPD to learn when evidence of insurability is required. If you must submit evidence, use the group life evidence of insurability form
- During enrollment in myHR, you will be prompted to enter your beneficiaries for the pension portion of your two-part retirement plan. You can change beneficiaries at any time with the RDD designation of beneficiary form .
- You may also want to enroll in voluntary retirement plans to supplement the savings for your future.
Contact the HR Service Center at (573) 882-2146 or HRServiceCenter@umsystem.edu.