The University of Missouri System vision plan is available to all benefit-eligible faculty, staff, and retirees. Vision insurance is administered by EyeMed Vision Care (EyeMed).
Even if you're not enrolled in the vision plan, there are still discount options available to you. Learn more on the vision discounts page.
Looking for plan providers or health care providers?
Visit our plan contacts page for more information.
Vision Plan- Monthly premiums for active employees and retirees, 2020*
|Coverage level||Employee/retiree cost|
|Self and spouse||$11.15|
|Self and child(ren)||$12.17|
|Self, spouse, and child(ren)||$19.26|
* Set premiums for retiree vision insurance are available here, however, retiree premiums may not be available for other plans because they vary according to a formula based on years of service and other factors. For an idea of what premiums would be for your particular circumstances, use the Retiree Insurance Premiums Estimator.
Vision Plan- Services and coverage, 2020
|Service||In-network coverage cost||Out-of-network reimbursement (up to)|
|Eye exam||$10 copay/visit||
|Frames (any available frame at provider location)||
$0 copay; $140 allowance (20% off balance over $140)
|Contact lens fitting and follow-up||Standard: Up to $40 maximum
Premium: 10% off retail
|Contacts (includes materials only)||
|Standard plastic lenses||
Single vision, bifocal, trifocal, lenticular:
|Single vision, bifocal, trifocal, lenticular:
$45; $65; $85; $125
Premium progressive tiers 1–3:
Premium progressive tier 4:
|Covered lens (standard polycarbonate for under age 19)||$0 copay||$5|
The vision plan does not have a deductible.
Go to the plan contacts webpage to find the provider directory for this plan.
- 2019 Vision Benefit Plan Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- 2020 Vision Benefit Plan Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Snapshot of EyeMed Vision Coverage
- Registering on EyeMed.com
- Accessing the EyeMed Phone App
- Out-of-network claim form
- Out of network claim form - Rolla Wal-Mart
- Full list of forms and guides about vision insurance...
* In the event of a difference between this webpage and the plan document or summary plan description, the plan document and plan description prevail.