The University of Missouri System vision plan is available to all benefit-eligible faculty, staff, and retirees.
Even if you're not enrolled in the vision plan, there are still discount options available to you. Learn more on the vision discounts for all employees page.
Looking for plan providers or health care providers?
Visit our plan contacts page for more information.
Vision Plan- Monthly premiums for active employees, 2017*
|Coverage level||Employee cost||UM cost||Total|
|Self and spouse||$11.73||$0||$11.73|
|Self and child(ren)||$12.80||$0||$12.80|
|Self, spouse, and child(ren)||$20.26||$0||$20.26|
* Set premiums for retiree vision insurance are available here, however, retiree premiums may not be available for other plans because they vary according to a formula based on years of service and other factors. For an idea of what premiums would be for your particular circumstances, use the Retiree Insurance Premiums Estimator.
Vision Plan- Services and coverage, 2017
|Eye exam||$10 copay|
|Glasses ($25 copay)||Lenses: once per calendar year
Frames: once every other calendar year, up to $140 limit*
|Contacts||Fitting and exam: maximum $60 copay
Lenses: once per calendar year, up to $140 limit*
|Lasik surgery||Discounts up to 15% available|
The vision plan does not have a deductible.
Go to the plan contacts webpage to find the provider directory for this plan.
- 2017 Vision Benefit Plan Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- 2017 Benefits Enrollment Form - For active faculty and staff who are newly eligible for benefits (e.g., newly hired or newly promoted to a benefit-eligible job)
- 2017 Benefits Change Form - For active faculty and staff who have a family status change for the 2017 calendar year.
- VSP’s Vision Care for Life, summary of benefits and premiums
- 2017 Vision slicksheet, a one-page overview
- Proof of Relationship Requirement form
- Full list of forms and guides about vision insurance...
* In the event of a difference between this webpage and the plan document or summary plan description, the plan document and plan description prevail.
Reviewed January 03, 2017.