Discounts on vision products and services are offered by the University's vision insurance administrator, even to those who are not enrolled in the UM System Vision Insurance Plan. In addition, separate vision benefit programs are available through University Optical at the University of Missouri-Columbia and through the University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Optometry.
EyeMed is the administrator of the University of Missouri Vision Insurance Plan. Even if you aren’t enrolled in the insurance plan , you can take advantage of the EyeMed Insight Plan D discount program . This discount option is only available to employees/retirees and their family if no one in the family is enrolled in the full service vision plan. To receive the discount, please visit an EyeMed provider and reference the plan number:1015037
University Optical and University Optical East—both at the University of Missouri-Columbia—offer discounts to university employees, retirees, and their immediate families. Features include:
- 20% discount on eyewear (including contact lenses)
- Over 850 frame styles $49 and up
- 24-48 hour service on most glasses
- On-site finishing laboratory
- Expertise in frame repair
Note: University Optical does not provide eye examinations. Appointments for eye exams can be made by calling Mason Eye Institute at (573) 882-1506 or University Eye Institute East at (573) 882-8920.
The College of Optometry at UMSL offers the following opportunities to UM faculty, staff, and retirees:
- Annual comprehensive exam for a reduced fee of $25.
- 50% discount from usual and customary fees for:
- Eye photography
- Visual fields
- Rehabilitative vision services
- Developmental vision evaluation
- Electrodiagnostic testing
- Other office procedures
- 50% discount from usual and customary fees on eyeglasses with a $15.00 co-payment (limited to one pair within a 12-month period)
- 20% discount from usual and customary fees on eyeglasses with no additional co-payment
- 20% discount from usual and customary fees for contact lenses