The University of Missouri System’s Dental Plan is available to all benefit-eligible faculty, staff and retirees.
Looking for plan providers or health care providers?
Visit our plan contacts page for more information.
Dental Plan- Monthly premiums for active employees, 2019/2020*
|Coverage level||Employee cost||UM cost||Total|
|Self and spouse||$29.52||$29.52||$59.04|
|Self and child(ren)||$35.82||$35.82||$71.64|
|Self, spouse, and child(ren)||$50.58||$50.58||$101.16|
* Premiums for retirees vary according to a formula based on years of service and other factors. For an idea of what premiums would be for your particular circumstances, use the Retiree Insurance Premiums Estimator.
Dental Plan- Annual deductible, 2019/2020
Dental Plan- Services and coverage, 2019/2020
|Class A services- Preventive care for routine oral exams, cleaning, x-rays, sealants and flouride||100% (no deductible)|
|Class B services- Basic care for treatments such as fillings, oral surgery and extractions||80% after annual deductible|
|Class C services- Major treatment such as bridgework, dentures and crowns||50% after annual deductible|
Each individual covered under your plan may receive a maximum of $1,500 per calendar year for preventive, basic and major dental care combined.
The university dental plan utilizes a passive network, which means you have the ability to receive services from network or non-network providers. No matter your provider, your deductible and coinsurance remain the same, as long as charges are reasonable and customary. However, Delta Dental’s in-network providers have agreed to charge negotiated rates for specific services, so using either of Delta Dental’s two networks, PPO or Premier, may help you achieve more affordable services. Of the two networks, the Delta Dental PPO Network offers the lowest negotiated services, often resulting in the greatest savings.
Go to the plan contacts webpage to find the provider directory for this plan.
- 2019 Dental Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- 2020 Dental Summary Plan Description (SPD) Please note that, except for the specific information pertaining to the allowable/eligible expenses when using an out-of-network provider, information in the 2020 SPD for each plan may vary from information in the 2019 SPD.
- 2019 Benefits Enrollment Form - For active faculty and staff who are newly eligible for benefits (e.g., newly hired or newly promoted to a benefit-eligible job)
- 2019 Benefits Change Form - For active faculty and staff who have a family status change.
- Delta Dental mobile app
* In the event of a difference between this webpage and the plan document or summary plan description, the plan document and plan description prevail.