The University of Missouri System’s Dental Plan is available to all benefit-eligible faculty, staff and retirees, regardless of the location where they live or work.
The dental plan utilizes a passive network, which means you have the ability to receive services from network or non-network providers. No matter your provider, your deductible and coinsurance remain the same as long as charges are reasonable and customary.
Monthly employee premium cost for active employees:
- Self only: $14.76
- Self and spouse: $29.52
- Self and child(ren): $35.82
- Self, spouse and child(ren): $50.58
* Premiums for retirees vary according to a formula based on years of service and other factors. For an idea of what premiums would be for your particular circumstances, use the Retiree Insurance Premiums Estimator.
🩺 Covered Services
Coverage is offered for three classes of reasonable and customary expenses: preventive, basic and major services.
- Class A services- Preventive care for routine oral exams, cleaning, x-rays, sealants and flouride:
- 100% (no deductible)
- Class B services- Basic care for treatments such as fillings, oral surgery and extractions:
- 80% after annual deductible
- Class C services- Major treatment such as bridgework, dentures and crowns:
- 50% after annual deductible
- Self: $100
- Family: $300
🧾 Maximum Benefit
Dental coverage has a maximum annual benefit of $1,500 for each individual enrolled in the plan. This cap is for preventive, basic and major care combined.
For a printable version, download the Plan Information and Comparison handout (375KB, PDF), which features a comparison chart and premium rates for the available insurance plans.
Making the Most of Your Plan
🏥 Network Providers
The University dental plan utilizes a passive network, which means you have the ability to receive services from network or non-network providers. No matter your provider, your deductible and coinsurance remain the same as long as charges are reasonable and customary. However, using either of Delta Dental’s two networks, PPO or Premier, may help you achieve more affordable services. The Delta Dental PPO Network offers the lowest negotiated services, often resulting in the greatest savings.
Provider directories may be accessed on the plan contacts webpage.
Visit the health and wellness tools and discounts webpage to maximize your convenience and savings.
- View all available Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- 2021 Benefits Enrollment Form For active faculty and staff who are newly eligible for benefits (e.g., newly hired or newly promoted to a benefit-eligible job)
- 2021 Benefits Change Form For active faculty and staff who have a family status change.
- Delta Dental mobile app
* In the event of a difference between this webpage and the plan document or summary plan description, the plan document and plan description prevail.