The University of Missouri System’s Dental Plan is available to all benefit-eligible faculty, staff, and retirees.
Looking for plan providers or health care providers?
Visit our plan contacts page for more information.
Dental Plan- Monthly premiums for active employees, 2017*
|Coverage level||Employee cost||UM cost||Total|
|Self and spouse||$29.52||$29.52||$59.04|
|Self and child(ren)||$35.82||$35.82||$71.64|
|Self, spouse, and child(ren)||$50.58||$50.58||$101.16|
* Premiums for retirees vary according to a formula based on years of service and other factors. For an idea of what premiums would be for your particular circumstances, use the Retiree Insurance Premiums Estimator.
Dental Plan- Annual deductible, 2017
Dental Plan- Services and coverage, 2017
|Class A services- Preventive care for routine oral exams, cleaning, x-rays, sealants, and flouride||100%
|Class B services- Basic care for treatments such as fillings, oral surgery, and extractions||80% after annual deductible|
|Class C services- Major treatment such as bridgework, dentures, and crowns||50% after annual deductible|
Each individual covered under your plan may receive a maximum of $1,500 per calendar year for preventive, basic, and major dental care combined.
The university dental plan utilizes a passive network, which means you have the ability to receive services from network or non-network providers. No matter your provider, your deductible and coinsurance remain the same, as long as charges are reasonable and customary. However, Delta Dental’s in-network providers have agreed to charge negotiated rates for specific services, so using either of Delta Dental’s two networks, PPO or Premier, may help you achieve more affordable services. Of the two networks, the Delta Dental PPO Network offers the lowest negotiated services, often resulting in the greatest savings.
Go to the plan contacts webpage to find the provider directory for this plan.
- 2017 Dental Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- 2017 Benefits Enrollment Form - For active faculty and staff who are newly eligible for benefits (e.g., newly hired or newly promoted to a benefit-eligible job)
- 2017 Benefits Change Form - For active faculty and staff who have a family status change for the 2017 calendar year.
- 2017 Dental slicksheet, a one-page overview
- Proof of Relationship Requirement form
* In the event of a difference between this webpage and the plan document or summary plan description, the plan document and plan description prevail.
Reviewed January 03, 2017.