Compensation resources for managers
- Career management - Tool managers can use to recruit, reward, and retain talent and hard work
- myLearn - Encourage your employees to log in to myLearn, through myHR, for free, on-demand programs for their particular career and skills.
- Leadership Development Program – for faculty
- Administrative Leadership Development Program – for staff
- Faculty Salary Comparator Data – Data on salaries for UM faculty, with comparison data for peer institutions.
- Total Compensation Calculator - A decision-making tool to help employees considering a career with the university understand what their total compensation is worth.
- Information on Leave - Details on the different types of leave employees can accrue or utilize.
- Leadership Administration Guidelines – For managers of non-union, non-academic employees under the global grading system, this guide helps you understand the process you and your fellow supervisors go through to provide equitable employee assessments.
- Non-academic staff compensation and administration program - For managers of non-union, non-academic employees under the global grading system, this presentation explains the salary and job structures that are the foundation for your employees’ career progression.
- IT career path – Use this document to help explain career titles and paths for IT professionals.
- Pay matrices – Salary ranges for each pay grade associated with your employees’ titles, and calibrated with the market.
- Annual review - Managers play a critical role in employee success and advancement. A key responsibility of every manager is to have regular, thoughtful discussions with employees about their performance. This includes conducting an annual formal review. There are many performance appraisal resources available on myPerformance to support managers, as well as employees:
- myPerformance - A tool used by many units throughout the UM System to track performance all year and to assist with annual reviews. Access unit-specific myPerformance websites from this page.
- Job Code Detail - Understand the minimum qualifications and essential functions for jobs that you supervise.
- Merit handbook – For employees/managers in the immediate UM System offices – Links pay to merit. Recommend annual merit increases based on performance and where your employees fall within their ranges.
- Position Classification Questionnaire – Propose a reclassification of an employee’s current job.
- Job Audit Questionnaire – Another job evaluation tool that is designed to collect detailed information about the duties and responsibilities of the job as it currently exists from the job incumbent’s point of view. The collected job data will be used to help develop or revise job descriptions and evaluate the job for appropriate classification.
- Service awards – Honor your employees for their long-time contributions.
Reviewed August 27, 2016.