The University provides a number of benefits to eligible faculty and staff to help take care of what matters most. The way you enroll in these benefits differs a little bit depending on your enrollment status:
1. Which best fits you?
2. Learn about your plan options
Learn about the plans
- For 2023, check out the 2023 Plan Information and Comparison handout .
- Or visit each plan's webpage for details:
- Healthy Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Custom Network Plan (Columbia and St. Louis)
- PPO Plan with Tiered Feature (Kansas City and Rolla)
- PPO Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Get plan-specific details
- Looking for ways to compare medical plan options or learn about network providers? Visit the UnitedHealthcare health plan options website.
- Looking for details about your current medical insurance? Get personalized medical plan information via UnitedHealthcare's myuhc.com.
- Visit our plan contacts webage for a directory of who to reach out to for your other plan choices.
You may find these videos useful as you research your insurance options.
3. Double-check which providers are in-network
Choosing a provider is important. Visit our plan contacts webpage for links to all provider directories.
4. Make your decisions
Before going through the enrollment process, make sure you know how you want to answer the following questions:
- Which plan(s) do you wish to enroll in?
- How many individuals do you want to cover? (Coverage levels like "self only," "self and spouse," etc.) For every dependent you are adding to a plan, you will need their full name, birthdate, and Social Security number.
- For any dependents who are already covered by your plan(s), make sure they are eligible to be covered. For example, most children can be covered only until they reach age 26. To confirm your dependents are eligible, consult the applicable summary plan description(s) (SPD).
- Where possible, do you want to enroll on a pre-tax or after-tax basis? If you're not sure which is best for you, watch the pre-tax vs. after-tax premiums
5. Submit your plan choices
Select and submit your plan choices in the University's employee portal, myHR. You may make changes to your insurance elections only if you are newly eligible for benefits (e.g., newly hired to a benefit-eligible job) or have experienced a qualified family/employment status change:
- Newly benefit-eligible: Select 'My Benefits' tile and then click on' Benefits Enrollment' from the left-hand menu.
- Qualified Family/Employment Status Change: Select 'My Benefits' tile and then click on 'Life Events' from the left-hand menu.