The University of Missouri (UM) System contracts with various companies to help administer our benefit and retirement plans. Some of these companies offer online directories of in-network providers.* When clicking on the links on this page, you will be directed to the administrator's website and exit the UM System website. Some administrators' websites (e.g., Delta Dental) will only be fully functional if you are using an up-to-date browser.
Effective for plan year 2017, retirees with an Optum Bank HSA will have an individual HSA (as opposed to a university-sponsored group HSA). Contact information follows for individual HSAs:
- Administrator: Optum Bank
- Phone: (800) 791-9361
- Administrator(s): UnitedHealthcare
- Phone: 1-866-899-5903
- Provider directory: As long as your doctor, hospital, or other provider participates in (i.e., accepts payment from) Medicare, you will receive the same level of coverage whether or not your provider is a member of the UHC Group National PPO Network. UHC's retiree portal offers a link to Medicare-affiliated providers.
- Mobile apps:
Federal retirement benefits
Some University of Missouri Extension employees receive retirement benefits from the federal government. If you are one of these employees, direct plan questions to the appropriate federal government office that pertains to your type of plan:
- Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS)
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
*Please note: You should always verify that your health care provider is participating in our network and accepting new patients before you receive services. You can do this by contacting your health care provider directly, checking the plan administrator’s online provider directory, or calling the plan's customer service office at the telephone number shown on the back of your ID card.
Reviewed January 26, 2017.