Flu shot clinics
Faculty, staff, dependents above the age of seven and retirees who are enrolled in a UM medical plan are eligible to get a flu shot at one of our campus clinics and have the cost covered by their university health plan. Children 7 years and older enrolled in a UM medical plan--and accompanied by a parent or guardian--may receive the vaccine. Due to different vaccination needs, children age 6 and younger should obtain their flu vaccine from their health care provider, health department or community clinic.
Please note: MU Health Care employees will receive a free vaccination from their Staff Health office.
How do I register?
On-campus flu shots are available by appointment only. We encourage you to book your appointment now to make sure you get a spot. Registration for a flu shot on any campus can be completed through the flu shot scheduling portal.
To make the vaccination process easy for our faculty and staff, the university is holding on-campus flu shot clinics in September and October. Learn more about available locations, dates and times through the flu shot scheduling portal.
When visiting a flu shot clinic, bring:
- A completed flu shot consent form, which will be sent to you attached to your appointment confirmation email.
- The confirmation email itself, printed or digital.
- Your employee ID (if applicable).
- Your insurance card. If you are enrolled in a UM medical plan, your shot will be covered.
- Be ready to present your flu shot consent form and insurance card to staff when they approach you.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing or short sleeves so your arm is easily accessible.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment. This will help us keep vaccination spaces distanced.
- Review the Vaccine Information Sheet prior to your appointment.
The Vaccine Information Statement from the CDC (PDF) provides additional information about the flu vaccine and answers some common questions. You can also contact the HR Service Center at (573) 882-2146 or HRServiceCenter@umsystem.edu.
Read our Notice of Privacy Practices.
All faculty, staff, retirees, and their family members are encouraged to complete all applicable preventive health screenings, as appropriate for their age group. Remember: Preventive care is 100% free to employees/retirees and their dependents covered under a university medical plan.