The University of Missouri strives to provide a safe and secure work environment for all employees. Toward this end, intimidation, threats and acts of violence, with or without the presence of a weapon, will not be tolerated. Individuals found to engage in behavior in violation of this policy will be subject to discipline up to and including termination.
HR Policy Provisions
- Workplace environment is defined as all University facilities or other locations where an employee is engaged in University business.
- Employee is defined as faculty, staff and student employees.
- Intimidation is defined as an act towards another person, the result of which could reasonably cause the other person to fear for their safety or the safety of others.
- Threats of violence are defined as a communicated intent to inflict physical or other harm to any person or to property.
- Violence is defined as the deliberate and wrongful abuse or damage of other persons, self, or property.
Employees who are the victims of violence, believe they may be the recipients of violence, or who have knowledge of potential violence against others, are encouraged to promptly notify an appropriate administrator, University police and/or Human Resources.
Date Created: 07/01/2001
Updated: 07/01/2001; 07/15/2020; 10/29/2020