Skip to main content

Imports and Exports

When ordering products from foreign suppliers, or preparing to ship items to foreign destinations, there may be an occasion when the product being ordered will either be imported to the United States by the supplier, or would need to be exported/routed by the University with a University-approved Freight Forwarder/Customs Broker (FF/CB).

When the product is shipped to the University from overseas, it must pass through U.S. Customs for inspection and to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations. When the product is being shipped to a foreign destination, Customs and Duties inspections take place. To complete these types of processes, the services of a FF/CB may be required. The University has two designated FF/CBs to handle all U.S. Customs services required by University departments.

The University's designated FF/CB service providers listed below can handle all requirements for shipments that must pass through customs, import or export. The fee for this service is the responsibility of the department or college initiating the project. The FF/CB will provide an estimate of fees based on the scope of work. Payments will need to be processed in compliance with the University preferred payment method of Requisition/PO Voucher. The vendors below do not currently accept payment by PCard. For help in creating a requisition please contact Finance Support Center.

Given the variety of import/export scenarios of a large university system coupled with the varying regulations around the globe, the world of customs can be very complex. It is crucial to contact a knowledgeable FF/CB agent sooner rather than later to ensure a smooth and cost effective process. In addition, it is the initiating department’s responsibility to adhere to the University policies for appropriate reviews in terms of procurement, legal form, insurance requirements and signature authorities when initiating a contract to purchase, sell, trade, borrow or loan items internationally. Depending on the item being shipped, and its destination and ultimate end user, an export license may be required under the applicable U.S. export control and/or sanctions regulations. Please consult with the export compliance personnel on your campus to determine whether a license will be required. Research Security and Compliance is responsible for managing export compliance throughout the University of Missouri System. To find the appropriate export compliance contact at your university, please visit their webpage.


Masterpiece International
Supplier Number 0100292020
Contact-Import Services Scott Pfeifer
Phone # (847) 378-1000
Fax # (847) 806-9599



W.N. Epstein
Supplier Number 0100015884
Contact-All Services Kimberly Malin or Dawn Wilcox
Phone # (314) 429-0673
Fax # (314) 423-3553

Reviewed 2022-11-10