University of Missouri Supply Chain office has worked with Sam’s Club to obtain a single Business membership that is good for ALL campuses. Individual departments SHOULD NOT obtain their own Sam’s Club Business memberships.
University departmental purchases from Sam's Club should be limited to small dollar purchases of items that are not available through existing contracts on Show-Me Shop, or University departments. All purchases must be made in accordance with established University purchasing policy.
Procedure for Obtaining a Sam's Club Corporate Membership Card
A Sam’s Club Corporate Membership is required for purchases from Sam's Club. Department memberships and blanket orders will no longer be necessary. The University’s Purchasing Card is the only acceptable method of payment.
- In Kansas City, Rolla, and St. Louis the Corporate Membership is held in UM Supply Chain Office. Contact your respective Client Relations Manager to obtain a card.
- In Columbia, Corporate Membership cards may be obtained from the Sam’s Service Desk by providing a copy of your University issued ID card.
Procedure for Purchasing from Sam's Club
- Visit Sam's Club to obtain items needed.
- Present Corporate Membership card to Cashier.
- Make payment using University Purchasing Card.
NOTE: The University Purchasing Card is the only method of payment allowed. Personal items will not be allowed on the Corporate Membership.