Show-Me Shop Shopper Only Role
Shopper Only is a purchasing role which allows users to go directly to the Show-Me Shop website to browse or select items from available suppliers. The role allows users to create carts in Show-Me Shop, like a PeopleSoft Requester can, but bypasses the use of PeopleSoft.
Shoppers take their completed carts and assign them to another individual in the department who has the PeopleSoft Requester role. That requester then completes the process by logging into PeopleSoft, going to Show-Me Shop and retrieving the cart created by the Shopper. The requisition can be edited for content and/or funding and is then submitted, approved, and processed just as any other catalog requisition would be. Automated email notifications have been activated so that the requester receives notification when a cart has been assigned, and the Shopper receives notification when the cart has been picked up.
This role may be utilized by individuals who simply need to “shop” by creating a cart (and who do not need to change funding or create non-catalog requisitions); or by departments that wish to provide an additional layer of approval, as the requester step may be viewed as an initial “approver” who can edit cart content prior to submission for final approval. This role is also available to those who do not have an HR appointment with University of Missouri (and would not be able to access PeopleSoft).
- An individual can have either the Shopper role OR the PeopleSoft Requester role assigned to them. A single user cannot have both roles.
- Each shopper must be linked to at least one PeopleSoft Requester who can complete the requisition process.
- Shoppers do not have the ability to create requisitions in PeopleSoft.
- Existing Requesters may be switched to Shopper Only with the request process below. Their Peoplesoft eProcurement Requester access will be removed as part of the processing of the Shopper request.
- Finance Information Systems will conduct periodic reviews of Shopper Only role usage. Any Shoppers that have not logged in within the last two (2) years will have their access inactivated. Should access be needed in the future, the Shopper's dept may request access again.
Step 1: Obtaining Access as a Show-Me Shopper Only
The Shopper Only eForm is available in the myForms WorkCenter in PeopleSoft (See Navigation path below).
The form should be submitted by the individual designated as the Primary Requester for new Shopper(s). If submitted by a different individual, the form will first route to the Primary Requester before being submitted for approval to Finance Information Systems.
When Approved, the Shopper(s) will receive an email containing instructions for registration as well as resources for training. Weekly reminders will be sent to those that have not completed the registration process. The department (Primary Requester) may be included if deemed necessary.
Navigation: PeopleSoft Financials > NavBar > myForms WorkCenter > Departmental tab > Purchasing forms
- Add a Shopper Form: Request access for one or more new Shoppers
- Update a Shopper Form: Make changes to an existing form prior to approval
- View a Shopper Form: View the status or workflow of an existing form
Step 2: Training Options and Materials
Written Materials – These are available as a Training Manual (with complete details and screenshots). The Show-Me Shop materials are written both for Shoppers and for Requesters who are utilizing Show Me Shop for catalog requisitions.
Videos On-Demand – Visit the eProcurement & Show-Me Shop Learning Channel in Percipio for a series of short videos covering the Show-Me Shop process for both Shoppers and Requesters. Check out the Series Guide on the Read page for suggested viewing order. Viewing time for each series (Shopper vs Requester) is about 18 minutes.
Click here to access Training Materials
Shopper Only Admin: Krista S Young, 816-235-6299