Show-Me Shop Shopper Only Role
Shopper Only is a purchasing role which allows users to go directly to the Show-Me Shop website to browse or select items from available suppliers. The role allows users to create carts in Show-Me Shop, like a PeopleSoft Requester can, but bypasses the use of PeopleSoft.
Shoppers take their completed carts and assign them to another individual in the department who has the PeopleSoft Requester role. That requester then completes the process by logging into PeopleSoft, going to Show-Me Shop and retrieving the cart created by the Shopper. The requisition can be edited for content and/or funding and is then submitted, approved, and processed just as any other catalog requisition would be. Automated email notifications have been activated so that the requester receives notification when a cart has been assigned, and the Shopper receives notification when the cart has been picked up.
This role may be utilized by individuals who simply need to “shop” by creating a cart (and who do not need to change funding or create non-catalog requisitions); or by departments that wish to provide an additional layer of approval, as the requester step may be viewed as an initial “approver” who can edit cart content prior to submission for final approval. This role is also available to those who do not have an HR appointment with University of Missouri (and would not be able to access PeopleSoft).
- An individual can have either the Shopper role OR the PeopleSoft Requester role assigned to them. A single user cannot have both roles.
- Each shopper must be linked to at least one PeopleSoft Requester who can complete the requisition process.
- Shoppers do not have the ability to create requisitions in PeopleSoft.
- Existing Requesters may be switched to Shopper Only with the request process below. Their Peoplesoft eProcurement Requester access will be removed as part of the processing of the Shopper request.
- Operations will conduct periodic reviews of Shopper Only role usage. Any Shoppers that have not logged in within the last two (2) years will have their access inactivated. Should access be needed in the future, the Shopper's dept may request access again.
Step 1: Obtaining Access as a Show-Me Shopper Only
We are developing an eForm for new Shopper Only users. In the interim, please use this formatted spreadsheet to request access for new Shopper Only users.
Note fields are designated as Required and Optional in the column headers. The file should be submitted, as an email attachment, by the Shopper's supervisor or Dept Fiscal Officer. Click the orange box to generate a prepared email. Optionally the cc field may be used to notify additional individuals within the department if desired.
The Shopper will be contacted by email with instructions to register on the Show-Me Shop site.
Step 2: Training Options and Materials
Written Materials – These are available as a Training Manual (with complete details and screenshots). The Show Me Shop materials are written both for Shoppers and for Requesters who are utilizing Show Me Shop for catalog requisitions.
Instructor-Led Webinars – View schedule and register for webinars on the Training Calendar. Please note, the instructor-led training is not required to gain access as a Shopper, and users may opt to view the written materials instead.
Click here to access Training Materials
Training Contact: Krista S Young, 816-235-6299