Go to navigation Go to content

Missouri Sales and Use Tax Exemption Information

The traveler should present: (1) a copy of the Missouri Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate, and,(2) their University identification card.

Out-of-state University of Missouri travelers may request that sales taxes not be added to their bill. The link below contains information about most states' sales tax exemptions. **Please keep in mind that this refers to state sales tax. Hotels often charge other types of taxes that the University may not be exempt from.

Reviewed 2015-05-05.

Finance Support Center
  • Finance Support Center
  • Finance Support email
  • MU Health Care:
  • Missouri S&T Campus:
    341-4266 or 877-752-1117 (after hrs)
  • UMKC Campus:
  • UMSL Campus:
  • UMSYS, UOEXT, MU Campuses: 
  • Toll Free All Campuses: 
  • Finance Support Center may be unavailable Mondays from 2:30-3:30pm for staff meeting.