Skip to main content

What if I don't enroll in Medicare Parts A and B?

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) require you to be enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, and that you continue to pay your Part B premium (as you do today if you are already enrolled in Medicare), to participate in a Medicare Advantage plan such as the university-sponsored UHC Group Medicare Advantage plans. Therefore, to remain eligible for your university retiree medical coverage, you must remain enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. If you are a pre-1990 university retiree, or retired from the Federal Civil Service or the Missouri State Retirement System and have not previously enrolled in Medicare or are not eligible to enroll in Medicare, please contact the university to discuss your plan options.

Reviewed 2019-10-17