A healthy, positive lifestyle requires openness, awareness, and consistent effort. The wellness program is committed to ensuring that all employees have the opportunity to learn about and engage in activities to support your wellbeing.
If you have questions, please contact the wellness program at HRServiceCenter@umsystem.edu.
Secily Adams, MS
Health Engagement Coordinator,
Caroline Murphy, RN
Whether you have a wellness-related question, or need help navigating UnitedHealthcare (UHC) tools, programs and resources, the university's dedicated UHC representatives are available for employees (or their dependents) to reach out to at any time.
Blood Pressure Screenings
Throughout 2023, Secily and Caroline will travel to university locations offering blood pressure screenings and healthy heart education. Available for walk-ins or by appointment, blood pressure screenings take about five minutes to complete. To schedule a time for your blood pressure screening, please email Secily (contact info above).
If your department or team would like to schedule a separate screening event, please reach out to Secily (contact info above).
- February 22, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m., General Services Building, Room 142
- March 14, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., 601 Turner Avenue
- March 14, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m., 601 Turner Avenue
- March 22, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., General Services Building, Room 142
- April 4, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m., General Services Building, Room 142
- February 21, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Volker Campus Swope Park Room
- February 21, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m., Health Sciences Campus, Health Sciences Building, Room 4302
- February 28, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30p.m., Havener Center 208C
Coming soon; please stay tuned
Wellbeing Lunch and Learn
Periodically throughout the year, we will host a Lunch and Learn on various wellbeing topics. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Secily (contact info above). If you forget to RSVP, the link to the meetings are below.
February: Heart Health
Learn about basic functions of the heart, risk factors for developing heart disease and the warning signs of a heart attack. We will also highlight the key components to leading a healthier lifestyle and how your health numbers can impact your overall well-being.
Wednesday, February 15, 12:30 - 1:00 p.m. (Access meeting via Teams)
The mammogram van will also return to campus this year. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment with the mammogram van, please reach out to Secily (contact info above). Mammograms are suggested once per year for women age 40 and over.
- April 11, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., on Hitt Street outside the Fine Arts building
- July 18, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Volker Campus
- July 18, 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Health Sciences Campus
Opt in to receive emails
Stay connected and sign up to receive e-mails regarding wellness programs available to you by completing the University of Missouri System Employee Wellness Interest Survey.
(exit UM System website)